Agenda for WCBOCC Workshop 2/14/18
February 13th, 2018 | last Update: 4 months ago
posted by: Nan Thompson
- Call to Order - Chairman
- Out of Sunshine Meeting
- Attorney/ Client Session to discuss pending litigation regarding the Robert L. Watson and Donna Watson, Plaintiffs, vs. Washington County, Defendant, case.
- ADOPT THE AGENDA
- ADOPT PREVIOUS MINUTES
- January 25, 2017 Board Meeting
- AGENDA ITEMS
- Item: Dell Computer upgrades for Library System – Renae Rountree, Director
Background: Attached is the documentation for the computer upgrades including the original quoted price given by Dell and the current negotiated quote. The difference is $18,645.17. This will provide a much needed infrastructure update for the library system. The majority of the current library computers are over seven (7) years old or older. This upgrade was not originally budgeted in yearly budget however, it was projected that we would receive $180,000 in State Aid but learned through DLIS that we will actually be receiving $243,000 in State Aid for the year. The additional funds more than cover this upgrade.
- Item: Rock of Deliverance Church Addition - Steve Cramer, Planner
Background: Baker Engineers, LLC, as agent for the Rock of Deliverance Church, is requesting approval of a Development Review Application for a two-story addition to an existing church at 5414 Obies Street in the Town of Ebro. The addition would be to the west end of the church, and would be 29 feet in height. The first-floor addition is for expansion of the Fellowship Hall. The second-floor addition is for offices and classrooms for Sunday school.
- Item: Review and approve for submittal of Rural and State Grants for E911 and Dispatch Center – Clint Erickson, Director of E911
Background: The E911 Office has prepared three (3) grant applications in two different grant cycles and one (1) maintenance grant to pay for E911 Maintenance for 2018/2019.
- Item: Title VI Non-discrimination Policy – Karen Shaw, Grant Coordinator
Background: Every three years, all counties are required to update their Title VI Non-discrimination Policy and assurances in order to continue receiving Federal dollars from FDOT. The attached policy is the same policy approved by the board 3 years ago. No changes are warranted unless the Board feels otherwise.
- Item: Wellness Program, Employee Survey, Insurance Consortium and other options – Robin Riley
Background: The Insurance Committee has been working with Blue Cross & Blue Shield as well as our Agent to come up with better options to provide services/ benefits to employees and families.
- COUNTY ENGINEER
- 319 Grant, Williams Rd.
- Chrystal Lake Drainage Easement update
- PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR
- Road Conditions update
- COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
- Federal Funding/ Sheriff’s Office
- Chipley Landfill
- COUNTY ATTORNEY
The next regularly scheduled Meeting of the Board will be February 22, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., C.S.T. at 1331 South Blvd., Chipley, Florida. The Board of County Commissioners will accommodate handicapped and disabled persons who wish to attend these meetings. Contact the BOCC Administrative Office at 638-6200, at least 48 hours before the meeting date to make arrangements.